(Representative of Next Capital)
- Sandy was appointed to the Board in July 2015 as a Non-Executive Director. Sandy is also a member of the Audit and Risk Committee.
- Sandy is a founding partner of Next Capital Pty Limited (Next Capital), a Sydney based private equity manager focussing on middle market and growth opportunities in Australia and New Zealand. Sandy has been a director of a number of Next Capital’s investee companies. Next Capital (and its associated entities) will hold 15.3% of the Shares of the Company on completion of the Offer.
- Sandy has over 35 years’ experience in specialised lending situations and private equity investment.
- Prior to founding Next Capital, Sandy held the position of an executive director of Macquarie Bank Ltd where he had overall responsibility for managing Macquarie Bank’s private equity business, which encompassed investments made through both Bond Street Investments, a subsidiary of Macquarie Bank, and three Macquarie Investment Trusts during the period between 1987 and 2004.
- Before joining Macquarie Bank Sandy worked for Bank of Boston NA, holding positions in Boston, London and Sydney, where he was head of the Bank of Boston’s Australian and New Zealand operations.
- Sandy also served as a council member of the Australian Venture Capital Association Limited (AVCAL) for a number of years and was chairman of AVCAL from 1995 to 1996.
- Sandy is also currently Chairman of VHGL (a position he has held since 2006) and a director of several companies including Onsite Rental Group Pty Ltd, Onslow Holdco Pty Ltd and HGL New Zealand Limited and several other companies in the Hirepool Group.
- Sandy was formally a director of RPG Holdings Pty Ltd (an investee company of funds affiliated with Next Capital).
- Sandy holds a Bachelor of Arts (Hons) from Harvard and a PMD from Harvard University, ASIA.