Valuing our origins
We truly value our country’s location. We are situated in New Zealand, in the South Pacific, among some of the most pristine waters of the world, under the clear, breath-taking southern skies.
We are committed to operating responsibly and with integrity within our community; ensuring that we are accountable and transparent in what we do. Long term sustainability for Vitaco as well as our wider community is a key driving motivation and a core consideration for our people, our customers, manufacturing, supply chain and our local community.
Our New Zealand culture is as diverse as our landscape. New Zealand is a country that welcomes many nationalities and celebrates multiculturalism. Many visitors to New Zealand have stayed and now call New Zealand home. Vitaco employees people from many different nationalities; a reflection of the multiculturalism that is today’s New Zealand. At Vitaco, we do more than just manufacture. Our vision here is to “Empower Healthier Lives” and we do this by ensuring that our employees are cared for and are passionate about what they do.
Vitaco is an inclusive, vibrant and enjoyable place to work.We believe in providing our employees with a work environment that is happy and harmonious. We have developed a culture that helps employees become the best that they can be professionally, so that they can achieve their professional goals. Training and on-going developmental programmes are integral to Vitaco operations. Excellence is recognised and rewarded through a regular company-wide rewards programme: We Care, We Act, We Succeed.
New Zealand has a reputation as a picturesque and beautiful country. As a responsible business, we are committed to doing as much as we can to reduce our environmental impact, while continuing to produce high quality products. We will do this in a sustainable manner through continuous improvement in the environmental performance of our activities.
We ensure we meet the requirements of the Resource Management Act, and local council environmental policies. We minimise waste from sites working collaboratively with waste management companies to improve our processes. We encourage a shared responsibility with our customers with a reminder to recycle responsibly via our packaging communications.
Vitaco abides by the Australian Packaging Covenant.
Vitaco’s focus environmental areas are –
- Management systems that identify monitor and control environmental risks
- Ensuring that our manufacturing and operation processes are assessed in advance to prevent adverse environmental impacts
- Conducting regular environmental audits of our premises as well as our activities to ensure legal compliance and achievement of our policy
- Corrective actions in a timely manner
- Sharing information and knowledge across our organisation
- Continually improving and seeking to find new ways of further enhancing our energy efficiency
- Minimise, wherever practicable, the environmental impact of packaging while maintaining quality, consumer expectations and compliance with the relevant regulations
- Minimise waste generation and reduce impacts on land, air and water
Sponsorship & Charities
We believe in giving back to our community and supporters. Via our Balance brand, Vitaco actively sponsors many talented athletes and teams, from amateurs through to professional athlete status. Throughout the calendar year, Vitaco also makes regular contributions to a number of nominated charities.